Skip to main content

Featured

My TEDxErasmusUniversity talk is live!

Yes, the day is finally here! My first TEDx talk ever (and may there be many more to come!) Is now up on Youtube! Through my poetry I am sharing experiences and ideas about being the mother of a girl with Up Syndrome♡ Please let me know your thoughts and thank you so much for watching and listening! Love, Houda

Counting blessings

Don't you sometimes just wish you could freeze time? Or that you could go back in time and freeze it then. I have had so many beautiful moments that I, looking back on it now, have not enjoyed to the fullest. Lost moments with friends, lost conversations, lost butterflies and times of complete peace and ease.
Having this month cleanse me spiritually made me realise just how blesses you are if you are able to enjoy the here and now to the fullest. We, correction, I get so distracted by everything and everyone that I sometimes have to look back and think..'Wow...that was actually a great moment'. But how wonderful would it be if we would be able to stop and count our blessing in the midst of it all.

The clock will always keep ticking but if you are able to count your blessings at any given time, that does not matter. It does not matter how quick the time goes. What matters is that you are grateful.

'Wisdom...do you think we will ever truly be grateful if life keeps distracting us?' asked the little girl. 'And is it really our fault then?' she added. Wisdom looked up and said: 'That, my child, is a great question. You have a great mind. And yes, you can be grateful at any given time. There is no right or wrong and it is never too late to start counting your blessings.' 'Can I start now she asked'?
Wisdom nodded and she closed her eyes to start counting.
Not opening her eyes ever again.

Comments

Popular Posts